Maryland is known for its traffic, and its reputation is awful. I spent years driving to Alexandria and back every day, sometimes spending more than four hours a day in the car. We need better transportation options. As Delegate, I will support the following:
- Expansion of the DC Metro. Taking cars off the road will make the commutes easier for those without Metro access.
- Expansion of the Baltimore transit system. We must bring back the proposed Red Line and bring back other options such as the Yellow Line, which would impact Howard and Baltimore Counties.
- A concerted plan to manage growth in Baltimore by tying redevelopment and public transit together. Jobs and homes should both be transit-accessible.
- Better transit options for the suburbs to access the Downtown Baltimore core for work and play.
- Increased density of MARC trains, especially northbound, to provide full coverage of transportation from Baltimore to DC and back.
Our transportation should serve us, not the other way around.